|Photo of A.G. Beals house on Bayocean, which Sherwoods rented. Courtesy of Mike Watkins.|
|Photo by the author|
The house below was given to Jerry Schlegel in return for the work he did moving the schoolhouse and other houses from Bayocean to Cape Meares for Chase. Jerry lived in Forest Grove at the time but his family used it as a beach house for several years. It still stands in Cape Meares. It was originally built for Corinth Crook and sat near the Pagodas along the ridgeline. Woody Chase bought it from George and Merle Selfridge and moved it in the summer of 1949.
|Photo of Schlegel house while still on Bayocean, from Bayocean|
school scrapbook in the Cape Meares Community Center
|Recent photo by the author of the house that was first owned by Jerry |
Schlegel after being moved to Cape Meares from Bayocean